If you become a patient of a healthcare provider affiliated with Dr. Syed Haider, we may collect health information about you relating to your treatment such as your medical history and allergies to medications to provide you with continuous services through other affiliated health care providers.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Operate and improve our Website, products, and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Website, products, and services;
- Connect you with a healthcare professional for consultation and treatment;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about new products, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Dr. Syed Haider and our selected partners;
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Verify your identity and administer your account, including processing your payments and fulfilling your orders.
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
Dr. Syed Haider may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries. We use the personal information you provide us to operate the Service and to improve your experience.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties, such as physicians and other health care providers when you request a consultation, pharmacy or lab services;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company
We may share aggregated or de-identified information that does not identify any individual about our users. We may disclose information to third parties who help provide the service to you (your physician, our server host, etc.) but we do not sell your information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Dr. Syed Haider takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Dr. Syed Haider by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we will cease to send you any communications. To opt out, either click the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the email, or reply to the email with the word “unsubscribe” in the body of the reply email. You may also send requests about your contact preferences, changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website.
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
As used in this Authorization, the term “health information” means all information, in any format including without limitation text, photos, and video, relating to your past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition; the provision of health care to you; or the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to you. It specifically includes such information after you have submitted your consult including consent and/or payment. It includes such information regardless of whether it is or has been posted on the Services, was submitted by you or by other Users of the Services, was made available to us by your providers, or was posted on the Services by us, and regardless of whether it is subsequently removed from the Services.
Examples of “health information” may include, but are not limited to:
- Photographs of you and/or your skin that are intended to document the condition of your skin.
- Information about your medical or mental condition or illness, including diagnosis date, first symptom information and family history.
- Treatment regimens, including treatment start dates, stop dates, dosages and side effects.
- Symptoms experienced, including severity and duration.
- Health risk assessment scores or surveys.
- Medications prescribed and supplements taken.
- Communications between you and your providers.
- Lab tests or lab results.
- Genetic information, including information on genetic tests and test results, individual genes and/or entire genetic scans.
- Tests or test results for diseases or health conditions.
- Alcohol, drug or substance abuse information.
- Claims information relating to your health care coverage with a health insurer, including but not limited to, benefits paid; benefits denied; pre-service, concurrent and post service certification/utilization review decisions; and/or care management activities.
You hereby authorize us, and any third party vendors acting on our behalf, to use or disclose all, or any part of, your health information to the persons or entities identified below for the stated purposes:
- To your providers in order to provide the Services to you and/or your providers.
- To the extent that authorization is required by applicable law, to re-disclose your health information among ourselves, and to any third party vendors acting on our behalf, for the purpose of providing the Services to you, your providers, and/or other Users.
- To the extent that authorization is required by applicable law, to use or disclose your health information to third parties in order to properly manage our business and/or to comply with our legal responsibilities (for example, to respond to a subpoena or similar legal process); when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or to protect your safety or the safety of others; to investigate fraud; to respond to a governmental request for information; or in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of Dr. Syed Haider assets.
- To the extent that authorization is required by applicable law, to market our products and services (and those of third parties) to you, though we will not disclose your health information in doing so. For example, we may allow third parties to choose the characteristics of users who will receive the communications, and we may use any attributes we have collected (including information you do not make available while using the Services) to select the appropriate audience for those communications.
In some cases, communications between you and Dr. Syed Haider will include health information in unencrypted forms (most notably email and text). You are authorizing Dr. Syed Haider to communicate with you using unencrypted mediums (like email and text) for some PHI including, but not limited to your Dr. Syed Haider treatment plan, the name of your Provider, and the condition you’re seeking treatment for.
With this authorization, you understand the following risks of communicating using unencrypted mediums:
- Email and texts can be forwarded, printed, intercepted, and stored by anyone with access to your email inbox or mobile phone.
- These mediums are convenient, but are not appropriate for emergencies or time-sensitive information.
- Your employer(s) typically has the right to access any email received or sent by a person at work.
- Staff other than your healthcare provider may read and process email.
- Clinically relevant messages and responses will be documented and become part of your medical record at your Physician’s discretion.
- Dr. Syed Haider is not liable for information lost or misdirected due to technical errors or failures.
This Authorization will expire as of the earliest of the following: (i) your valid revocation of this Authorization in accordance with the procedures set forth below; (ii) deactivation of your User account; or (iii) the maximum period permitted by applicable law.
We are required by law to make sure that PHI that identifies you is kept private, give you this Notice of our legal duties and privacy practices concerning your PHI, and follow the terms of this Notice currently in effect.
Right To Amend. If you think the PHI that Dr. Syed Haider has about you is wrong or incomplete and you cannot edit it in your user account, you have the right to ask for an amendment to your record. To ask for a change to your record, you must make your request in writing, state a reason that supports your request, and submit it to customer service at email@example.com.
Dr. Syed Haider may also deny your request if you ask Dr. Syed Haider to amend information that:
- Dr. Syed Haider did not create, unless the person or entity that created the information is no longer available to make the amendment;
- is not part of the records used to make decisions about you;
- is not part of the information which you are permitted to inspect and to receive a copy; or is accurate and complete.
Right To an Accounting of Disclosures. You have the right to get a list of the disclosures Dr. Syed Haider has made of your PHI. This list will not include all disclosures that Dr. Syed Haider made. For example, this list will not include disclosures that Dr. Syed Haider made for treatment, payment or health care operations. It will not include disclosures made before June 1, 2013, or disclosures you specifically approved. To ask for this list, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right To Request Restrictions. You have the right to ask for a restriction or limitation on the PHI Dr. Syed Haider uses or disclosures for treatment, payment or health care operations. You also have the right to ask for a limit on the PHI that Dr. Syed Haider discloses with someone who is involved in your care or in the payment for your care. Such a person may be a family member or friend. Dr. Syed Haider is not required to comply with your request. If Dr. Syed Haider does agree, we will fulfill your request unless the information is needed to provide you with emergency treatment or if otherwise required by law. To ask for restrictions, please send an email to email@example.com. You must tell us:
- What information you want to limit,
- How you want us to limit the information, and
- To whom you want the limits to apply.
You may refuse to execute this Authorization. However, if you refuse to sign this Authorization, you will not have access to the Dr. Syed Haider platform.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Dr. Syed Haider may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the updated date above.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us:
Dr. Syed Haider
1730 E. Holly Ave
El Segundo CA 90245